Today I learned there is a semi-literal sense in which an audio circuit that’s feeding back is screaming about an existential crisis https://www.bastl-instruments.com/modular/dark-matter/
It turns out that having a deeply pessimistic view of politics and the future of the species is a mixed bag. It obviously has psychological rewards or people wouldn't do it, and I am no exception. But it takes some getting used to.
I kept getting worked up, for example, about the fact that I have to go into work tomorrow and work several hours that the company will not pay for.
Interestingly, it took being in a generally good mood to realize that, well, yeah, of course I do.
6 Unique Baby Shower Gifts for ~Cool~ New Moms-to-Be
1) A Baby Storage Gel to protect your baby from gravity shifts at full thrust
2) A cool looking stick
3) Arcade tokens for the arcade that closed down decades ago but sometimes still lights up at night and the door is ajar, so...
4) The Duchy of Vinyardistelm, its ceremonial mace and a legion of foot soldiers
5) A Get-Out-of-Mommyhood-Free card (expired)
6) A issue of the X-Men where you've pasted baby heads over every Wolverine head
I couldn’t find my travel mug this morning, so I just carried a regular ceramic mug with me on my walk. It’s amazing how cold coffee gets when you do that and how quickly it happens.
I mean, I know that’s the entire reason travel mugs exist. I’ve just never been faced with the reality before.
Physics: they work, and it sucks. This has been Mike Sugarbaker, urging you to vote No on physics